Sunday 10 July 2011

Soap opera trailer timings

I watched TV during half term and noted down all of the times I saw a soap opera trailer and noted what time it was on and what soap it was for.

Saturday after Doctor Who BBC1 8pm - Trailer for Eastenders

Saturday after News BBC1 10pm - Trailer for Eastenders

Saturday in between Inbetweeners E4 10.45pm - Trailer for Hollyoaks

This shows that after doctor who they were trying to attract a younger target audience and it shows that after the news they were once again trying to attract a different audience this shows that the soap advertised is aimed at not just one Target audience.
Also a reason for the advert to be on after Doctor Who is that it is a very popular programme so a lot of people will watch it and therefore if the advert is on just shortly after alot of people will see it.
This is the same with the trailer for Hollyoaks, they have put it in between a popular E4 programme to make sure a large amount of people see it.
Now that I have a little more understanding of when soap opera trailers are on the tele vision I can start to think about when my soap opera trailer would be on to make sure it attracts not only a lot of attention and is seen by many viewers but I need to consider making sure that I attract the correct Target audience for my soap.

No comments:

Post a Comment