Saturday 9 July 2011

The purpose of the trailer

My group will be creating a soap opera trailer so I wanted to research into the purpose of having a trailer so that when my group create ours we know what kinds of things it should include to make sure it is doing its purpose.
The purpose of a trailer is to mainly attract the audience to watch a certain show, it needs to attract them enough so that they will choose to watch it. Another purpose of a trailer is to allow the audience to know what time and channel and maybe even information or plot points about the show. A trailer is basically advertisment for the show to 'lure' viewers in to watch it so for this reason a trailer will usually include something exciting, something that will make viewers watch the trailer and want to watch the show because of what they saw in the trailer.
So above is the main purpose of a trailer, so when creating my trailer I need to think about what will be included in it and what time it will be shown to try and catch my target audience's eye and let them know about the upcoming soap and try to get them to view it.

No comments:

Post a Comment